Review | TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45
We’re suitably impressed… and its popularity suggests you are too.
Just like TAG Heuer’s mechanical chronographs, the TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45 has been designed, developed and assembled in the brand’s workshops in La Chaux-de-Fonds, earning it the title of the first smartwatch to carry the Swiss Made label.
It’s also slightly more streamlined than the TAG Heuer Connected 1, with sleeker lugs and a smaller case size, down to 45mm from 46mm. Granted, it’s still on the large size, but we appreciate TAG Heuer’s efforts to make a packed-with-technology-smartwatch even more wearable.
So aside from being slightly smaller and 100% Swiss Made (which the first TAG Heuer Connected couldn’t claim), what is the Modular 45’s other main point of difference? Well, it’s the rather revolutionary (in the world of smartwatches anyway) modular design, opening up endless personalisation possibilities.
Nearly everything about the Modular 45 can be customised, from the separate watch parts to what appears on your new OLED screen – which enhances the colours, sharpness and resolution.
1. The lugs, straps and buckles are all interchangeable to suit your own style.
2. You can even change the electronic watch modular with a TAG Heuer mechanical one.
3. Become the watch maker with TAG Heuer Studio. Choose your dial, customise the colours, the look of the metals, the details in SuperLuminova and other finishing touches.
4. You can set the wallpaper to show one of your own photos.
5. You can also choose from a collection of authentic TAG Heuer watches.
6. For a truly personal experience, choose the information you want to appear in each chronograph counter, from number of calories burned to free time before your next meeting.
Made For Adventure
The ultimate partner for all your adventures, the Modular 45 is much more suited to being your sport watch than the Connected V1.
1. Water resistant to 50m, the Modular 45 is protected from splashes and will work even in shallow waters.
2. The built-in GPS automatically tracks your location, so you’ll know how far you’ve walked, ran or cycled without needing your phone.
3. Google Fit keeps track of your weekly activity and fitness goals.
Powered By Android Wear 2.0
The TAG Heuer Modular 45 aims to simplify your life, making your day-to-day easier and saving you time with the latest in technology.
1. Pay with a simple flick of your wrist and make contactless payments with the NFC chip and the Android Pay app.
2. With a built-in microphone and compatibility with Android phones, you can ask Google anything by saying “OK Google” followed by your question.
3. Carry a personal translator on your wrist at all times with Google Translate.
4. There’s no need to take your phone out anymore to know where you’re going with Google Maps.
5. Access thousands of apps and all your music from your wrist.
Featuring 412MB of main memory and 4GB of storage, it can last a full day with its latest-generation lithium battery. The new Modular 45 model also has an entirely metal casing; the first smartwatch came with a plastic backing.
Above all, the Modular 45 is still a Carrera model, with the Carrera Heuer-01 (which you can read all about here) serving as the original inspiration. It fits in this famous TAG Heuer collection, the perfect representation of avant-garde and accessible luxury.
What are you waiting for? Stay connected to eternity with the TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45.
Prices start at £1,450 and it’s also available from £108.75 with 12 months interest free credit. As it’s proved super popular, we currently have limited stock but more will be landing soon.